Since launching XtraMile as a pilot in 2019, we have used TransLoc as our software vendor. As XtraMile has grown and expanded, we found the need to change vendors to enhance the software and app to improve our rider experience.
RVT has been working with Via to launch the new XtraMile by RVT app on August 29th. This new app and the scheduling software offer many new features for our customers. These include:
- Improved advanced scheduling ability
- Clear pick-up windows so riders know when the bus will arrive
- Ability to set a drop-off time to get to work or appointments on time
- Ability to see available fixed route times for your trip so you can select the best way to travel
- Improved scheduling algorithms to reduce wait times
- Improved customer support
- Ability to create customer accounts for call in customers
For customers that book trips by phone, there will be no change in how you schedule. You will now receive a pick-up window when booking.
For customers currently using the TransLoc app, you will need to download the XtraMile by RVT app in the App Store and Play Store this weekend. If you use the same email address as in TransLoc, you should have an account already set for you.